Thursday 3 January 2013

☺ quick film review! ☺

Hi guys I thought i'd do a quick film review for you!
So yesterday I was bored and still overly tired from New Years so I decided to watch a film as I had no energy to do anything at at all. Now, I am OBSESSED with Michael Fassbender at the moment (he's perfection, enough said) so I thought I'd watch Shame as I've seen a lot of the other films he's starred in and wow, it was the most depressing thing i've ever seen in my life!

♡SPOILER ALERT

So the film revolves around Michael Fassbender's character (who's a sex addict) and how his sister comes to live with him. From the moment his sister (Carey Mulligan) arrives you can tell that they're relationship is dysfunctional, but you never really find out why. One of the complaints I have about this film is that it never really goes anywhere until the end. The whole film just sees him canoodling with various women and going on dates with them. Towards the end it starts to get a bit more eventful and we see Michael Fassbender get beaten up (this upset me greatly) as he was hitting on a very intimidating mans girlfriend, at this part of the film we realise that Michael's character has spiralled out of control for example he masturbates at work and that and he goes to a gay bar and it's just wow. It's not like a 'oh my god sex and naked men!!!!' film because it's got a really sad vibe about it, so the nudity isn't really a big issue. Finally at the end of the film we see Michael (who's been distant to Carey's character the whole film) ignore his sisters calls and she leaves him a message saying "we're not bad people we just come from a bad place" which hints to why the two of them have such a strange relationship????? I don't know, this bit really confused me if i'm honest. The final moments are the film are horrible, being terrible afraid of veins & blood & anything like that I completely freaked out as Michael tries to find his sister and when he does she has slit her wrists in the bathroom. And there's a lot of blood, I wish someone had warned me about that as it really got to me! Thankfully Carey is alive and then the film ends. 

I don't really know what to think about this film. I mean I really really love Michael Fassbender so I feel like I should love this film but it really bummed me out! I knew it wouldn't be a light film to watch but I didn't realise it would be so dark. There's a lot of prostitutes, a lot of masturbating and a lot of running (on Michael's part). 

This isn't really my type of film, so maybe that's why I didn't understand it or enjoy it as much as I hoped. Oh don't get me wrong, Michael Fassbender was amazing, he's a great actor AND THAT BODY, WOW. The thing is that i'm more of a cuddle up in bed with a cup of tea and watch a rom-com person, I'm not used to films that tragic and it was a real shock to me! Anyways sorry for a long un! 

Thanks for reading x 

No comments:

Post a Comment